Tuesday 29 March 2011

My Elizabeth Taylor Illustration for Amelia's Magazine

First time I heard her name was from the mouth of my mother, she told me about her and how beautiful she was also a great star. Suddenly I feel I have to know more about this super woman. I grew up with my mom fascination for her and her perfumes, mum was a regular shopper at Elizabeth Arden beauty counter at our mall. So when Matt Branmford asked last week for illustrations I knew I have to do one of her. it was such an honour!

Double Oscar-winner, most famous films included National Velvet, Cleopatra and Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? She passed away at the age of 79, an icon a legend has gone. She was married eight times and also was famous for her charity work, raising awareness of Aids and supporting third world causes.



You can read the amazing review of Matt Bramford for Amelia's Magazine here There are more illustrators who submitted a piece for the article, all the illustrations are amazing, I think we all love to draw her.

Also I found a video from the BBC Hollywood pays tribute to screen icon Elizabeth Taylor

and on this website I found some lovely photos of her.





Goodbye Elizabeth Taylor the world has lost another legend!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails